Those caramel-coconut slices have the perfect sweetness and texture. The bottom is a bit crusty and the two top layers are soft and a bit tangy. Combined together they melt in the mouth leaving a great aftertaste.
They are perfect for parties as they can be cut into one-bite size pieces, serve as a great, fancy-looking (and tasting) dessert after romantic dinner.
The ingredients are very basic and the whole thing does not require much time to make and is easy enough that everyone is able to make it.
Makes: 6 servings Time: 2h30 min (30 min prep + 2h wait)
180 g coconut mousse
150 g ground hazelnuts
120 g (7 pcs.) dates
86 g (4 Tbsp) peanut butter
30 g (1,5 Tbsp) maple syrup
80 g (5 pcs.) dates
1 Tbsp (32 g) + 1 tsp (8g) plant based-milk
2 tsp cocoa powder
Tray: 16,5 x 11 cm (6,5 x 4,3 Inch)
1. Start with soaking the dates for the middle and top layer in hot water for about 15-20 minutes.
2.Over a double boiler melt the coconut mousse.
3. In a bowl mix the coconut mousse with ground hazelnuts until all combined.
4. Place the baking sheet in a tray and flatten the coconut-hazelnut layer inside it.
5. Place in the freezer.
6. Strain the dates.
7. Mix all of the ingredients for the middle layer - squash the date with the fork. It all should be pretty smooth and creamy.
8. Take out the tray from the freezer and spread on the bottom layer and place back in the freezer.
9. Mix all ingredients for the top layer well. Take out the tray from the freezer and spread the top layer. Place the tray back in the freezer. Let it sit there for about 1-2h.
10. Take out of the tray and cut into smaller pieces. Store in the fridge.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!