creamy beetroot spread
A very simple and tasty recipe for a bread spread with beetroots and lentils. Made out of whole foods and packed with protein. Just 6 ingredients!
Beetroots? Count me in!
This spread rich in antioxidants with some extra protein is one of my all-time favorites! Lentils will keep you full for longer and beetroot will provide you with leads of fiber, potassium, iron, folate, and antioxidants! Make sure you try this spread - rich, whole foods plant-based alternative to processed ones from the shop. It is super healthy because it does not contain oils, animal products, and preservatives. So what are you waiting for? Grab beetroots and lentils and let's go!
Do not peel the beetroots - just clean them very well and cut off the ends. Loads of vitamins are located just under the skin, so you will benefit more from eating them with the skin!
creamy beetroot spread
Makes: about 600 g Time: 55 min (15 min prep + 40 min cook)
300 g raw beetroot
110 g (1 cup) dry red lentils
1 medium garlic clove
1 Tbsp lemon juice
50 g (5 Tbsp) unsweetened plant-based milk
30 g cashews
salt and black pepper to taste
1. Soak cashews in the milk and set aside.
2. Chop the beetroot into cubes and place them on the baking tray. Cover the baking tray if you have a top for it, if not - spray a bit with oil.
3. Bake the beetroot for 30-40 min in the oven (conventional settings, 200°C/392°F).
4. Cook the lentils until soft.
5. When beetroots are soft, remove them from the oven and let them cool down a bit.
6. Place all of the ingredients in the cup of a blender and blend until soft. Add some salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Notes and tips:
- Store the spread in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Do not peel the beetroots – just clean them very well and cut off the ends. Loads of vitamins are located just under the skin, so you will benefit more from eating them with the skin!
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!
This page contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the website and allows me to continue with creating content. The products included here are only the ones I fully recommend and use myself. Thank you for your support!