Lemon-lentil chunky soup
Fulfilling chunky lentil soup with a hint of lemon - perfect as a one-meal dinner or lunch, packed with protein and unusual flavors. It can be frozen if needed!
I hope you enjoy this lemon-lentil chunky soup
lemon-lentil chunky soup
Makes: 4-6 servings Time: 30-40 min
2 vegetable bullion cubes
some water for deglazing
180 g (1 medium) yellow onion
30 g (4 medium) garlic cloves
6 g (2 tsp) smoked paprika powder
130 g (1/2 medium) red bell pepper
1 big lemon
800 g (2 cans) canned chopped tomatoes
400 g (1 can) canned coconut milk
800 g ( 2 cans) water
420 g (2 cups) red lentils
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and chop the onion, garlic cloves, and red bell pepper.
2. Using vegetable peeler peel 4 stripes of the lemon skin.
3. Cut the lemon in two.
4. In the pot place the bouillon cube and a bit of water. Dissolve the cube by mixing it in energetically.
5. Add in onion, garlic, lemon skin, red bell pepper, and smoked paprika. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, mixing slowly all the time and adding water if needed for deglazing.
6. Add potatoes 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and 1 can of coconut milk. Pour water in two of the cans and add the water to the pot.
7. Add the juice from the lemon.
8. Mix well and add red lentils.
9. In the end, add some salt and pepper if needed.
10.Serve warm with some lemon on the side.
Notes and tips:
1. You can make more and freeze the soup if you want to.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!