nachos with cheese
Vegan creamy cheese sauce? Crunchy nachos? Yummy toppings? You are in the right place! Nachos with vegan cheese sauce! Gluten-free and can easily be made nut-free.
When I made this recipe for the first time I was so stoked. It is honestly the best nachos I have ever had, and the vegan cheese is really out of this world.
It is important to stick to all of the ingredients. Even the toppings. And for sure - if you are not nut-free do not omit the peanuts, and make sure they are unsalted. It is the whole combination of all those flavors that makes the whole dish so delicous.
I highly recommend you having it at a party or while watching a movie (or anytime really). Very important is to servle it immiedily. When the nachos are still a bit warm, the cheese is freshly blended and all veggies are fresh. You don't want the nachos to sit too long with the cheese as they will soak it in and it will no longer be so nice and crunchy.
This recipe will be enough to make 2 very hungry people full or will be great for 4 people as a snack. There is no need do miss out on anything while being vegan!
Below you can find the full recipe as well as free pdf. to download with save it for later.
If you like that kind of food make sure you check the double deck burger and tacos with pulled muhrooms.
nachos with cheese
Makes: 2 big or 4 small servings Time: 30 min
300 g of your favorite vegan nachos
1 cup of cubed potatoes
½ cup of cubed carrot
1 tsp of lemon juice
¼ cup of nutritional yeasts
½ cup of water
¼ cup of cashews
1 jalapeño slice(or more – read tips)
1 tsp of water from the jar of jalapeños
1 ½ tsp of arrowroot powder
1 ½ tsp of tomato paste
1 tsp of onion powder
2 red onions
15 g fresh cilantro + some for decoration
½ cup peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
few splashes of Mexican sauce (store bought
1. Cook cubed carrots and potatoes (in one pot) until soft.
2. While the carrots and potatoes are cooking chop finely tomatoes, onions and cilantro and mix in a bowl.
3. Measure up and add all the ingredients for the cheese dip into the blender (skip the salt, add salt at the end).
4. When carrots and potatoes are cooked, strain them and add into the blender. Blend it all until smooth. Taste your cheese, add salt to your own preferences and add more jalapeños or jalapeño water if needed (if you do so, blend again).
5. Heat up nachos in the oven.Place nachos on the plate. Pour your cheese dip over the nachos, cover with chopped tomatoes, onions and cilantro, sprinkle with nuts and few splashes of Mexican sauce. Decorate with some cilantro and
6. Serve immediately!
Notes and tips:
- Arrowroot powder: skip if you must. You can use instead some tapioca flour, rice flour or corn starch.
- Jalapeños and jalapeño water: start with the amount mentioned in ingredients list, as it really depends on your jalapeños and on your preferences for spicy foods. You can add slowly more if you like. Remember to blend each time you add more to your dip!
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!