Smokey potato soup
This smokey potato soup will make any potato-lover very happy! From the very first minute after adding the spices to the pot your kitchen will fill out with amazing aromas that will make even the waiting time feel cozy and warm.
Once you master the recipe, it will take even less time to make this soup. Make sure you do not skip any of the ingredients - they make the soup one of the kind.
smokey potato soup
Makes: 2 servings Time: 30 min
1 vegetable bouillon cube
some water for deglazing
180 g (1 medium) yellow onion
15 g (2 medium) garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin seeds
6 g (2 tsp) smoked paprika powder
3 g (1 tsp) sweet paprika powder
4 cardamon pods
2 allspice berries
1 bay leave
500 g (4-5 medium) potatoes
2 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
1.Peel and chop the onion, and garlic cloves.
2. Cut open the cardamon pods.
3. In the pot place the bouillon cube and a bit of water. Dissolve the cube by mixing it in energetically.
4. Add in onion, garlic, and all the spices and mix well. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, mixing slowly all the time and adding water if needed for deglazing.
5. Add potatoes and 2 cups of water and let the soup cook until the potatoes are soft (it should take about 15 min).
6. In the end, add some salt and pepper if needed.
7. Serve warm with some green onion.
Notes and tips:
1. You can make more and freeze the soup if you want to.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!