You can replace the sunflower cottage cheese with:
• Tofu cottage cheese
• Cashew cottage cheese
If you are interested in polish cuisine try:
• Baked potatoes with cottage cheese (pyry z gzikiem)
• Zapiekanka with mushrooms
• Mazurek Cake
• Polish dumplings with potatoes and tofu
• Polish gellied veggies: galart
Makes: big bowl Time: 10 min + time for soaking the sunflower seeds
200 g (1½ cup) raw sunflower seeds
water for soaking
400 g natural plant-based yogurt (ex. oat or soy)
20 g (4 Tbsp) nutritional yeast
30 ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
3 g (1 tsp) onion powder
1-2 tsp freshly grounded pepper
a few pinches of salt
100 g (1 bunch) fresh chives
Notes and tips:
1. You also can try the tofu cottage cheese or cashew cottage cheese if you do not have/want to use sunflower seeds.
2. You can also use unsweetened plant-based milk instead of yogurt, but the cottage cheese will be less creamy. Add it slowly, until you get the desired consistency. Another option is to use vegan creamer (like oat) instead. 200-300 ml should be enough.
3. That is a really big amount of cottage cheese, feel free to reduce it, if you do not want that much.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!
Reduce your food waste with our cookbook. Learn how to cook with kitchen scraps and make groceries more sustainably.