Tomato-mint creamy soup
An interesting combination of mint and tomatoes makes this soup one of the kind, and the addition of coconut milk makes it creamy and enjoyable during the winter days.
This tomato-mint creamy soup is a hit, and the addiction is real! I hope you will like it as much as I do!
tomato-mint creamy soup
Makes: 3-4 servings Time: 30 min
1 vegetable bouillon cube
some water for deglazing
180 g (1 medium) yellow onion
30 g (4 medium) garlic cloves
60 g (1 small) carrot
3 g (1 tsp) sweet paprika powder
4 tsp dry mint
pinch of chili flakes
2 allspice berries
2 bay leaves
1 tsp maple syrup
400 g (1 can) canned chopped tomatoes
400 g (1 can) water
4 Tbsp coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and chop the onion, garlic cloves, and carrot.
2. In the pot place the bouillon cube and a bit of water. Dissolve the cube by mixing it in energetically.
3. Add in onion, garlic, carrot, and spices. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, mixing slowly all the time and adding water if needed for deglazing.
4. Remove the bay leaves and allspice berries.
5. Add 1 can of chopped tomatoes. Pour water in the can and add the water it, and add the juice from the lemon.
6. Add coconut milk and let it cook for about 10 minutes (until the carrot is soft).
7. Blend the soup until smooth.
8. In the end, add some salt and pepper if needed.
9. Serve with some coconut milk and fresh and dry mint.
Notes and tips:
1. You can make more and freeze the soup if you want to.
Thank you for taking the time to check out this recipe! If you try it – remember to post the picture on Instagram and tag us reshape_official. We would love to see and share it!